JUNEAU, AK - USCGC Hamilton (WHEC 715) enroute to Station Juneau at the conclusion of its final patrol, 04 FEB 2011. Hamilton and her sister 378’ Chase (WHEC 718) are both set to be decommissioned next week at Naval Base San Diego. Commissioned in 1967, Hamilton was the lead ship in the class that bears her name. Her decommissioning ceremony will be held on 28 MAR at 15:00 PST. Chase, the fourth of 12 cutters in the Hamilton class, will be decommissioned the following day, at 10:00 hours.
Replacing the 40+ year old 378’s are the new 418’ National Security Cutters. ADM Papp recently answered some questions about the new vessels for the good folks over at CGBlog.org. Photo by PO3 John-Paul Rios.
- steviekelly18 reblogged this from knowyourcoastguard
- beergutlowcuts likes this
- a-i-c likes this
- mst2wi reblogged this from knowyourcoastguard
- mst2wi likes this
- theboywiththeglue likes this
- musicislifedani likes this
- nicoletucker91 reblogged this from knowyourcoastguard
- littlegirlmarie likes this
- wearebadcompany reblogged this from knowyourcoastguard
- sarasponda likes this
- knowyourcoastguard posted this